Department of Management & Marketing
College of Business & Industry
Jacksonville State University
I am currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management & Marketing at Jacksonville State University (my official website is here). Prior to joining JSU, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Analytics and Operations Management at Bucknell University. I received my Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering & Management from Oklahoma State University under the guidance of Dr. Baski Balasundaram. My primary research interests are in Computational Combinatorial Optimization, Network Optimization, Graph-based Data Mining, Data Analytics of Complex Networks with applications in Social Network Analysis and Healthcare. I received my B.S. degree from the Zhongyuan University of Technology, China in 2008, and an M.S. degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China in 2011, both in the Industrial Engineering program. Since March 2011, I had worked as an Industrial Engineer for 3.5 years in Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., China.
- [August 2021] A paper titled “On fault-tolerant low-diameter clusters in graphs” (joint work with Hosseinali Salemi, Balabhaskar Balasundaram, and Austin Buchanan) was submitted (PDF and Code).
- [May 2021] The paper entitled “Clustering temporal disease networks to assist clinical decision support systems in visual analytics of comorbidity progression” (joint work with Suhao Chen, Zhuqi Miao, Dursun Delen, and Andrew Gin) was accepted at Decision Support Systems (link).
- [November 22, 2020] I gave a talk titled “Detecting Comorbidity Progression Using Temporal Disease Networks: A Case Study on Clostridioides Difficile” at DSI 2020 Annual Conference, November 21-23, 2020.
- [November 8-11, 2020] I gave two talks titled “Detecting Comorbidity Progression Using Temporal Disease Networks: A Case Study on Clostridioides Difficile” and “On finding fault-tolerant low-diameter clusters in graphs” at INFORMS 2020 Annual Meeting, November 8-11, 2020.
- [October 2020] The paper titled “Shipment Sizing for Autonomous Trucks of Road Freight” (joint work with Chun-Miin (Jimmy) Chen) was accepted at The International Journal of Logistics Management (link).
- Read More Recent News